When we were children we were taught to be thankful--and when we became parents we taught our children to be thankful. Round and round we go...
I've heard the words "Thank-You"...
- spoken through tears
- yelled in sarcastic anger
- whispered in breathless surprise
- politely repeated by a child
- and expressed with heartfelt gratitude
- I've heard toddlers struggle to put the sounds together in a sweet baby voice, "ank-ou."
- And I've seen the words mouthed by an elderly person without the strength to speak.
YES--those are two very powerful words!
Tomorrow we celebrate Thanksgiving. It's America's official day of thankfulness. It may be a tradition at your Thanksgiving table to say something you're thankful for this year. Most of us can come up with our "Thankfuls" around the table once a year. But how can we limit it to just one.
- I have a Savior--his name is Jesus.
- I'm healthy.
- I'm getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family.
- I have 10 grandchildren.
- I have two new grandsons born this year 3 weeks apart.
- I attend an awesome church with amazing people...and a stellar pastor!
- I get to love-on preschoolers every Wednesday night. Rainbows--Rocks!
- My husband loves me.
- My children love me.
- My grandkids love me.
- I have a grandma van!
- And...I'm thankful for YOU!
Romans 1:8 (TLB) "...I thank God through Jesus Christ...for each one of you."
Now you go and...Say Thank You...to someone who needs to hear it!